IEEE Harmonic & Sinewave Filters
Industrial machinery – such as Variable Frequency Drives, transformers, inverters, furnaces and motors – can generate harmonic frequencies that overburden power cables and circuits, and cause interference with computers, telephones and advanced equipment. CanLift Technologies manufactures and integrates advanced harmonic filtering systems that mitigate distortion and harmonic resonance issues, which occur in power distribution systems and environments, such as:
- Oil and gas
- Wastewater treatment plants
- Commercial buildings
Benefits of the Product
- Eliminates tripping and exceeding of voltage peak
- Minimizes noise pollution
- Decreases vibration and mechanical stree
- Prevents overheating in power grids
- Reduces aging of system
- Reduces interference with electronics
- Improves power factor and saves money
- Cost-effective solution to meet IEEE-519 requirements
- Can operate in harsh terrain and extreme temperatures
- Easy access inside the enclosure
Features of the Product
CANLIFT Filter specifications:
- Voltage ratings 240, 480 and 600 V, 3 ph, 60 Hz 400 V, 3 ph, 50 Hz
- kVar ratings 3 to 270 kVar depending on voltage.
- Load types 3-phase diode bridge rectifier loads on AC drives
- Load power range 7.5 -900 Hp depending on voltage.
- Current ratings 200% of rated current for at least 3 minutes.
- SCCR Standard rating is 10kA.
- Insertion Impedance +/- 10% at full load current
- Capacitors Oil filled high endurance design (no PCBs)
- Protective Features Internal fuse protection for the harmonic filter circuit. Optional isolation contactor on IEEE519 Capacitors
- Frequency Response EWS: 1800 – 4000 Hz (up to 8000Hz by request) EWL: Specify 50Hz or 60Hz Power Supply
- Cable terminations Mechanical Lugs installed
- Pilot devices NEMA 4 when applied
- Enclosure options Open Frame, NEMA 1 or NEMA 3R enclosure
- Application Indoor / Outdoor
- Material 12 gauge steel, optionally Stainless Steel for NEMA4X
- Finish White Powder Coat
- Enclosure Penetration Aluminum cable gland plate on enclosure
- Base frame 6” steel channel for floor mounted
- Lifting eye Two / Four top mounted
- Max Ambient Temp NEMA1/3R -10°C to 40°C or -10°C to 50°C ARCTIC Cold weather kit to extend low temperature operation to -45C Enclosure must be equipped with special cooling provisions for operation above this temperature.
- Max elevation 3,000 feet (1,000 meters) as standard.
- Max ambient temperature: NEMA 3R (IP54) 50°C (122°F) – Enclosed Panel.
- Max storage temperature: 60°C (140°F)
- Max humidity: 95%, non-condensing